… I thought

... I’d just check on whether my blog was still there – yup, it is.

So what’s new? At the moment, I’m in good ol’ England; oh how I love being here! It’s a lovely contrast to the usual things and day-to-day life in Germany. Altough I have to confess
that yesterday I missed the nice springlike Freiburg-weather and here in the Ipswich area we almost froze our behinds off…

I really hope that tomorrow I’ll get the chance to go to Boots and check on their latest offers – I heard about a 3 for 2 on a wide range of hair and other beauty products (temptation!!!) and am ever so keen on getting my hands on pro:voke’s touch of silver twice a week brightening shampoo. The reviews I found about it were overall positive with many 5/5 ratings, so my expectations are really high.
At home, after having used the L’Oréal Paris Préférence Les Blondissimes in Extreme Platinum twice with still yellowish and brassy tones, I ran off to the local hair dresser’s and they sold me the Demeral White Gloss Shampoo which is working real magic on my hair toning it almost white, but it is rather expensive (12.00 €/11.00£), so I’m looking for a cheap non-John-Frieda/swiss-o-par alternative, since those didn’t really manage to convince me.

Another thing to do is spending a visit to WHSmith and/or Waterstone’s because I’m desperate for some good reads - "Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn is supposed to be really good, so I’ll give it a try.
Plus, it has become some kind of ritual to grab as many books as possible while in the UK, because of all the great offers (buy 1 get 1 free, 3 for 2, etc.) and the much better prices compared to germany.

I don’t think I will spend any money on clothes, though (or at least not very much, hah), because I’m currently saving (or at least trying to…) for a nice handbag. The one handbag I would really love to buy is the Céline Luggage in black, but I’ll have to win the lottery before being able to even think about purchasing it. More affordable options are the Michael Kors Hamilton Safiano or the Jet Set Travel.
3.1 Phillip Lim’s Pashli Tote or Satchel would also be nice but I’d have to save a little longer for those – we’ll see.
My main “handbag-needs” are a) black, b) big enough to carry a laptop, c) robust.
I’m still insecure about shoulder straps – on the one hand they are often very useful, on the other hand I sometimes find them annoying.

Have you got any recommendations for me?
xoxo,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Vielen Dank für Deine Lieben Worte!
Bitte beachte: Spam, Beleidigungen, sinnlose Werbung und folgst-Du-mir-dann-folge-ich-Dir-Kommentare werden von mir nicht veröffentlicht.

 

Meet the author

Meet the author
Fran.
30. Instructional Designer.
Master of Desaster.
Kaffee-Junkie. Träumerin.
Organisiertes Chaos.

Follow me